Investor. Entrepreneur. Author. Coach.
I’ve been an entrepreneur all my life.
In fact, I started three businesses before I was 13 years old – two in door to door sales (candy and air fresheners) – and a babysitting syndicate.
In my corporate life, I was a national sales trainer and revenue manager for a Fortune 100 company.
Translation: I was on the road 3 weeks a month in an ultra-corporate environment that sucked mainly because I wasn’t allowed to wear flip-flops to work.
I really love flip-flops.
I left the corporate gig in 1998 to open the #1 mortgage company in Denver specializing in residential, commercial and private funding specifically for real estate investors.
That company and the private equity fund I launched during that time closed in 2008 as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis.
Currently, I’m a full-time investor, entrepreneur, author, and money coach.
I’m the president and CEO of Lassiter Marketing Group, a privately held financial publishing company.
I started investing 1990 and have had a long career in finance managing private equity funds and real estate syndications.
I specialize in identifying public and private investment opportunities featuring asymmetric returns and I’ve had a successful 28-year history of managing money – both my own and others’.
Some of my notable accomplishments have been…
- Founding and managing a private equity fund that delivered gains of $1,104,234.53 to her investors – an average 12.88% return.
- Advising real estate companies who, as a result of her fundraising framework, have collectively raised more than $300 million in capital since 2004.
- Managing portfolios that include 45 commercial properties, 17 tech start-ups, 26 cannabis companies, and more.
- Editor of TheInvestorInsights.com and TheFranklinSociety.com, finance blogs exploring investments in the public and private markets.
- Editor of CannaVestorLab.com, a cannabis investment newsletter and trade alerts service that realized gains of 300.67% in 2017.
When I’m not researching investment ideas or writing and editing our newsletters, I’m active with several non-profit organizations including the Beagle Freedom Project and Joyful Heart Foundation.
I graduated magna cum laude from Regis University with a B.S. in Business Administration and am a member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit Honor Society.
I live in Rancho Mirage, CA with my wife Annette and our dogs Harper and Hank.